As part of our commitment to the ‘Thy Kingdom Come’ prayer movement, we are asking members of the church to commit to praying for 30 minutes regularly – and particularly on the 5th June.
Praying for 30 minutes can be challenging. We can become distracted from it by our thoughts and surroundings. Here are 10 suggestions to help you keep focussed on your half hour.
- Listen to a great hymn or worship song.
- Thank God for the good things in your life.
- Prayerfully read a psalm then write it down in your own words.
- Pray about the news that you have read about today or have seen on the TV
- Spend time praying for 5 friends or family members who don’t yet know Jesus.
- Simply tell God your worries or needs.
- Pray about a difficult relationship, whether personal or professional.
- Read a chapter from a Gospel and ask God to speak to you through it.
- Choose a part of God’s character that you love, and praise Him for it.
- Read one of these amazing promises and pray that you will apply it to your life: